Meet Iberia’s New Wave of Clean Energy Leaders
VP Plaza España Design, Madrid
Julio Castro, CEO of Iberdrola Renewable Energy, joined the company as analyst in the Strategic Planning Area.
He has been Global Gas Trading and Shipping - Vice President responsible for gas trading and shipping on a global basis within the company, and gas business Chairman in USA and Canada. Board member of Iberdrola Energy USA, Iberdrola Canada Energy Services, Medgaz, Enstor and Iberian Gas Hub.
What is Iber-REN?
· Two days of premium networking opportunities in a 5 star setting, alongside the key movers and shakers in the Spanish energy market, kicking off with our PPArty!
· A content-rich agenda covering topics like Transmission, Self-Consumption, Finance & Investment, Wind Development and Iberian e-mobility.
· Deep-dive workshops: Residential solar, Corporate PPAs, Electricity Storage, or Digitalisation, Data, Software, and Efficiencies.
José Domínguez Abascal is the current Secretary of State for Energy in the Spanish Ministry of the Ecological Transition. He studied Industrial Engineering at the University of Seville, where he graduated with a PhD in Industrial Engineering in 1977.
Further to his experience in the academic field, he was Technical Secretary General at the company Abengoa, where he was responsible for the development of renewable energy technology from 2008 to 2015. From then until February 2016, he held the position of President at Abengoa.
José Domínguez Abascal has also sat on a diverse range of boards, including the Operator of the Iberian Electricity Market (OMIE), from 2011 to 2015.
João Pedro Soeiro de Matos Fernandes has been Environment Minister for the 21st Constitutional Portuguese Government since November 2015. He graduated in Civil Engineering form the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Porto in 1991, and completed a Masters in Transport at Lisbon’s Superior Technical Institute in 1995.
Between 1990 and 1995 he worked as the Co-Ordinator of the Transport Sector at the Commission for the Co-ordination of Portugal’s Northern Region. He was Deputy of the Secretary of State for Natural Resources from 1995 to 1997, and Chief of Cabinet for the Secretary of State as well as Deputy to the Environment Minister from 1997 to 1999.
Additionally, he was President of the Association of Portuguese Ports from April 2008 to April 2010. He was President of the board of the Administration of Porto’s Water from January 2014 to November 2015.
60+ EXPERT SPEAKERS
200+ SENIOR-LEVEL ATTENDEES
15+ SPONSORS AND EXHIBITORS
1. Meet Spanish corporates looking to sign PPAs
2. Discover project finance opportunities with leading international investors
3. Network with 2016 and 2017’s auction winners